When there is a new message in a Conversation on Data Republic a browser notification should appear if you are signed into the platform. If your banner or alert notifications from Data Republic via your browser fail to send, it generally means that you need to update some of your permissions. The below article details the common causes and fixes for browser notifications:
Update your Browser Notification Preferences
- In the URL search bar, click the lock button and ensure that Notifications are set to Allow in the dropdown menu.
1. Click the padlock in the address bar.
2. Click the arrow in the Site Information drop-down panel.
3. Click More information in the next panel to bring up the Page Info window.
4. Click the Permissions tab.
5. Under Send Notifications, choose a Allow notification option
- Click on the More icon in the top right corner
- Go to Settings > Advanced
- Click Manage
- Click on the website for which you want to enable/disable push notifications
- Move the toggle to the right to enable
If the problem persists, you will need to update your system settings:
Update your System Settings
Instructions for Mac
- In the top-left of your Desktop, click the Apple icon and then System Preferences
- On the System Preferences screen, top row & far right select Notifications
- Scroll down the list on the left hand side to find your browser, and check the settings. If set to None, this may be the source of non-delivery for application notifications from the browser. Please select Banners or Alerts alert style with your preferences from the picklist ticked from the options below:
Instructions for Windows
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings.
- Go to System > Notifications & actions.
- Select Notifications. Scroll Down to the section labeled Get notifications from these senders.
- Find your browser in the list and ensure the slider is toggled to on.