What is Data Republic's Customer Cloud Suite?
Data Republic's Customer Cloud Suite enables an organization to:
- link existing local data sources* to a Senate Project, and
Contact Data Republic email@example.com to learn more about Customer Cloud Suite.
*A local data source refers to data stored and hosted locally by your organization. Once created, local data sources can be licensed for use in Projects on Senate. Data Republic currently supports AWS S3 as a local data source.
How does CCS work?
Data sits at rest within each organization's Amazon S3 bucket. A Project in Senate is then created to negotiate data licensing terms for local data sources. Once a data license is approved, analytics Workspaces is then deployed within Senate to enable authorized users to connect to local data sources and query data from different sources.
To enable Data Republic to connect to your local data source (Amazon S3 buckets) and deploy Senate Workspaces within an existing AWS environment:
- Each organization's Amazon S3 bucket must be configured to enable Data Republic to connect to it.
How to execute a Project with CCS
- Set up your Project to use local data sources. Setting up your project will involve inviting team members to your project, setting project objectives and discussing what data is needed for the project. See Overview of Projects (steps 1-3)
- Once you know what data is needed, prepare data for the project and add this to your S3 bucket. See How to set up folders and files in your S3 bucket. Next, create a local data source in Senate and link it to your S3 bucket to crawl its meta data. Create a data package to select which tables from your local data source you want to make available for your project. Then add the data package to your project.
- Next, create a data license and negotiate data-use and access terms for data packages added to the project. Get your license approved.
- Upon license approval select Data Republic to host the Workspace. Once the Workspace is running, authorized users will be able to connect to local data sources and run queries to analyze datasets from different sources.
- If permitted by the Project's data license, data output extraction can be requested. Your output will be copied to an S3 bucket in the same AWS account you have provided Data Republic access to. Data Republic will provide you a S3 URL to access the output.
Customer Cloud Suite FAQs
What local data sources are supported by CCS?
The Senate Platform currently supports the following:
- Amazon S3 as a local data source.
- Queryable file formats for S3 include Parquet (preferred) and CSV*.
*Please note if using CSV format, ensure that at least one column has a non-string type identifier.