All data sharing on Senate is governed by approval workflows within projects.
This article provides an overview of the end-to-end process for getting your data onto Senate through to making it available for access and analysis in a project.
Click on any of the links below for an in-depth overview of each topic and relevant how-to guides:
Prior kicking off a data sharing project on Senate, it is important to understand the legal, technical and team setup requirements for a project.
- Legal requirements: organizations involved in a data sharing project must have signed software-use terms and have a legal framework in place to govern the rights and responsibilities of each organization participating in a data share.
- Technical requirements: your organization may be required to install additional applications and perform some setup configuration to access the platform.
- Team setup requirements: projects will require delegation of tasks to one or more users to prepare data, project manage and approve data license terms on behalf of your organization.
Depending on your project, you may need to contribute data to the platform.
- This may typically involves uploading files to Senate, creating database tables so that your data can be queried later, and packaging files and/or tables together for projects.
All data sharing on Senate is managed via Projects, where one or more organization may be invited to collaborate.
- Projects enable organizations to discuss, draft and agree on data sharing terms.
- Data sharing terms are reflected in an online Data License (a legally binding contract between organizations once executed). A Data License outlines how data can be used and accessed on platform. It also provides rules around what may be extracted off platform.
- Subject to data license approval, access to data is typically granted via secure analytical Workspaces (with rigid controls in place for access, audit and governance).
Check out our Quick Tour of Senate. This article provides an:
- Overview of main Senate screens to prepare data and create a project
- Online support resources
Senate Project Summary Guide - an overview of project work streams for data preparation and project creation / management