In this article, you will learn about:
- How data exchange on the Data Republic platform works
- Your responsibilities as a Data Governance Manager
- Data License approval workflow
- Data Management FAQs
How data exchange on the Data Republic platform works
The Data Republic Platform delivers a ‘data sharing control-center’ for organizations.
- Data License approval workflows are implemented to protect customer privacy, govern data visibility and exchange by enforcing licensing terms; giving you control over who can see and access data for permitted use.
- Data discoverability by other organizations can be facilitated by adding packages directly to a project to negotiate licensing terms with another organization.
Your responsibilities as a Data Governance Manager
Oversee and manage the sharing of your organisation's data packages on the Data Republic platform by understanding:
- Data Licensing in projects, and how to approve or reject Data Licenses submitted for approval
Refer to the Data Republic platform approval workflows diagrams for more information.
Data License approval workflow
- Data Licenses are created in a project to formalize terms of a data exchange. Data Licenses specify the name of the licensee organization (data recipient), data packages to be exchanged, conditions for permitted use of data, access term for data packages and related commercials.
- After the terms in the draft license are agreed upon and have been submitted to you for review, you can approve or reject the Data License.
Data management FAQ
How is data prepared for exchange?
- Data upload and management is typically carried out by a data analyst, on behalf of the data custodian. If you are prepping and managing your data for exchange, refer to the Quick Start Guide for Analysts on how to get your data into the Data Republic platform and prepare a package for exchange.
How are data requests managed?
- Requests to access data can be made by adding the data package to a project. The data package owner will automatically be added to the project to discuss the data license request.
- A data license specifies the terms of exchange, including what analysis will be run, how datasets are combined for analysis, conditions for permitted use of data / extraction, data access terms and any commercials.
- Access to the data is not granted until a data license is approved the data governance manager from each organization, and lastly, the Data Republic platform admin. For more information on how data licensing works, see Requesting and approving data licenses.