In this article, you will learn how to:
Once your project goals have been met and data output has been provided, consider the following before terminating your Workspace and its contents:
Do you need to stop your Workspace so that the contents are recoverable later?
If your data license has not expired yet, you can stop you workspaces at the project's conclusion (or when analytics is no longer required). Stopping any workspace will be charged at an additional cost per month. The workspace can be reactivated as needed, assuming there is an active license associated with it. You will not be able to access a workspace while it is stopped. To stop a workspace, see Stopping a Workspace below.
Have you extracted the data pipeline used to produce your output?
If may be useful to extract the code (or data pipeline) used to create your output, before requesting to terminate a workspace. If required at a later stage and subject to your data license agreement, your output can easily be re-created if you need to make changes to the output. To request an extract of your code, refer to the same steps outlined in Getting your output from the workspace.
Stopping a Workspace
How to stop your workspace:
- Click the 'Stop Workspace' button on the right-hand side of the workspace page in the Data Republic platform
- Refresh the page until the workspace status shows 'Stopped'. This will take a few minutes to complete.
To restart the Workspace:
- Click the 'Start Workspace' button on the right-hand side
- Refresh the page until the workspace status shows 'Running'. This will take a few minutes to complete.
Terminate a Workspace
To terminate a Workspace and delete all of its contents, including the associated redshift database and tables:
- Agree upon whom in the project should be terminating the Workspace. Note: anyone in a project will have the ability to close a Workspace.
- On the Workspace details screen, click the “Terminate this Workspace” button.
3. Agree to the Workspace termination conditions and acknowledge that all project members will no longer be able to access any data from the Workspace (see below). Click Terminate this workspace to submit your request.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.