In this article, you may need to change the data in your token database in your Contributor Node.
In this article, you will learn how to:
Update or delete token records
Database records in the Contributor Node can be updated or deleted if required.
- Updating a database token record involves adding or deleting field values associated with a particular person, whereas
- Deleting a token record involves removing all field values associated with a person, and therefore, removing a person from your database.
Prepare your CSV file for upload to update or delete token records:
- In addition to the ‘personid’ and ‘email’ columns in a typical upload, include an additional column, called ‘operation’.
- Place a ‘d’ in the operation column if you want to delete the token record.
- Place a ‘p’ in the operation column if you want to update the token record.
If you are updating a record, ensure that relevant field values are populated in your CSV file. Field values that are empty will be deleted from the database.
In the example CSV file below:
- the record for Alison will be deleted from the database, whereas,
- the record for James and John will be updated with the field values shown for ‘personid’ and ‘email’.
Upload your CSV file
- Log into your Contributor Node and select the database that contains the records to be updated or deleted.
- Follow the steps in Tokenization of PII using your Contributor Node to upload your CSV file.
- The total tokens in the Database summary panel on the left will update to reflect the new total after any records have been deleted.
- If required, click ‘Download tokens’ to download the token mapping file containing an updated list of ‘personid’ and ‘token’ values.
Delete all token records from your token database
All database records in the Contributor Node can be deleted if required.
1. Click 'View Swagger Specifications' button at bottom of your CN page (after you've logged in) right above the 'commercial in confidence' logo.
Tip: Use the right mouse button when clicking View Swagger Specification and choose to open the link in a new window or tab. This will allow you to return to your Contributor Node home page more easily, and to switch back and forth between the UI and Swagger interface as needed.
2. Click the 'authorize button on the next page and type in your login credentials.
3. Click on the 'delete' functionality and press the 'try it out' button.
4. Type in the 'Acc No:' value into the 'DBUUID' field on the swagger page and then press 'execute'
5. After a few seconds, it should be cleared and there should be '0' records in your token database when you view your token database screen.
Note: Clicking the browser Back button after executing an API call using the Swagger interface will not undo or reverse any actions executed.