Once you’ve appended your tokens to your attribute dataset, you’re ready to prepare your data for exchange and matching on Senate.
Creating data packages for exchange
Preparing your data for exchange on Senate involves the following steps:
- Upload of data: Navigate to the ‘Manage Data’ screen in Senate to manage your data. Click on the Files tab to access SFTP details for files larger than 100MB, or use ‘drag and drop’ for files less than 100MB.
- Create a database: Create a database so you can add tables.
- Create tables: Load data into the table, and check the data load is successful.
- Create a view: This is optional if you want to share a view of the table only rather than the whole table in a project.
- Create a data package: Create a data package to exchange data in a Project or Data Listing via the Catalog in Senate. You can add files, tables or views you want to share into a data package.
Configuring Data Packages for matching
Once a Data Package has been created, it will need to be configured for matching in Senate. This process involves linking the table and column that contains your tokens to the token database that generated the tokens. The Package can then be added to a Listing or a data matching Project on Senate for exchange.
To configure a data package for matching:
- Select Manage Data from the main menu.
- Click Packages to view a list of packages created.
- Click a the package name to configure the contents of the package.
Note: You can only make changes to a package if it is in draft status. If your package is not in draft status, click Edit as new version to see the 'link token database' button.
Contents of the data package are displayed, including any tables, views or files.
Click Link token database.
The 'Link Token Database' window is displayed:
- Select a table or view in your package that has the tokens.
- Select the name of the column that contains the tokens
- Select which token database issued the tokens – if you’re unsure, check with the user in your organization that is responsible for preparing your dataset for matching.
- Click 'save'.
A message appears to let you know the package update is successful. Your package has been configured for matching.
The button at the bottom of the Packages screen will also change from ‘Link token database’ to ‘Edit token link’.
Click Submit to flnalize changes to the package.
From the Packages screen, an ‘M’ icon will appear next to packages that have been configured for matching.
Editing the token link:
If you have linked your tokens in your package to the wrong token database, you can unlink and re-link the tokens to the correct token database.
- Click the ‘Edit token link’ button on the packages screen.
- Click ‘Unlink’ on the window that appears.
- Select the correct database that issued the tokens and click 'Save'.
Note: You can only make changes to a package if it is in draft status. If your package is not in draft status, click Edit as new version to see the 'edit token link' button.