This article is for anyone involved in preparing data for exchange on the Data Republic platform, usually analysts. For data to be accessed by others, it must be uploaded to the Data Republic platform and packaged for exchange in a project.
In this article you will learn how to:
Prepare data for Matching
Data uploaded to the Data Republic platform must not contain any personally identifiable information (PII). All datasets must be de-identified.
For Privacy Preserving Matching Projects:
- Normalize and format your PII data
- Tokenize your PII data
- Prepare your tokens (and attribute data if relevant) for loading to Data Republic
- Upload your file to the Data Republic platform
- Create a database
- Create a view of your table (this step is optional; complete this step if you only want to share a view of the table, for e.g. you can apply filters, aggregations, joins, etc)
- Package your data for exchange. This involves referencing any the files, tables and/or views you want to share, not just data files. Access to data will not be provided until a data license is approved in a project.
- Link your token table to your Contributor Node database. This provides the link to your Contributor Node database to help facilitate the match.
Add the data package to your project
Add the package to a project so you can negotiate terms of data-use and apply a legal framework for a specific data exchange. You must be part of an existing project to complete this step; alternatively, anyone in your organization can select your package and add it to their project to negotiate a data exchange. A data licensing approval workflow will apply to all data exchanges.