- Data matching is the process of identifying common individuals across datasets (belonging to one or more organizations).
- Data matching projects can reveal valuable insights or attributes about consenting customers that organizations may not otherwise have access to.
- Data matching projects can help an organization to enrich their customer data, unlock behavioral patterns for targeted demographics or reveal a targeted audience.
- No personally identifiable information (PII) is allowed on the Senate Platform. Any PII belonging to an individual for data matching will be replaced with a random token generated by each Data Custodian's (data owner's) Contributor Node.
- Using Data Republic's Senate Matching technology, data matching on individuals can then be performed against tokens uploaded by Data Custodians.
- Once matching is complete, a token-pair match table is available. The table will display which two tokens have matched, and which fields they have matched on. For example, token A and token B matched on full name and mobile number, whereas token C and token D matched only on full name. Data matching can be performed on a range of PI fields available.
- Customer consent and data custodian consent is required for any data matching activity on Senate. Data Custodians must have applicable privacy policies and collection statements in place before commencing a data match.
- A legal framework for data sharing must be in place between organizations intending to complete a data share. To enable time-to-value, Data Republic can provide organizations with a Common Legal Framework to adopt and agree to (as opposed to creating bespoke legal frameworks for each data share). The framework outlines each organization's role and responsibility in a data share depending on whether they choose to act as a data recipient, data contributor or data product developer.
- A data sharing agreement (i.e. Data License) can then be executed by organizations once a legal framework for data sharing is agreed. Organizations will usually negotiate and draft Data License terms together. The Data License on platform specifies important terms such as those related to access, data use, and what kind of outputs can be taken off platform.
Data Republic's Senate Matching technology
Senate Matching User Guide